Sunday, August 13, 2006

August 2006

I had to go to Charleston WV for business so my brother came to stay with Coco. These are some photos he took to send to me while I was gone.


















Layover at Detroit Airport - to get from terminal A to Terminal B you have to walk thru this groovy tunnel with a pychedelic light show. It was totally cool.



The sun goes down in Detroit



Went to a minor league baseball game while in Charleston, West Virginia Power vs Columbus Catfish...the Power won.


Huntington Beach, CA - Dog Beach

When I returned from WV, we went to the Huntington Beach Dog Beach. It is our new favorite place.

While he was visiting us, my brother painted portraits of Coco and me.

On the way back from taking my brother to the airport, we saw smoke off in the distance. At first we thought it was in Carson because it appeared to be on the east side of the 405 frwy...

but the 405 curves going into the South Bay and it was actually on the west side of the frwy.

The view from Western, near 190.

It turned out to be a structure fire at a recycling center in the Harbor Gateway area. Lots of smoke but no damage to any adjacent buildings. It was very surreal because it looked alot like the images from Iraq and Lebanon that flood the TV news.

No comments: